All Purpose victory in the Transat Jacques Vabre in Ocean Fifty
Congratulations to Matthieu Souben and Seb Rogues on the Primonial trimaran!
03 December 2021
All Purpose victory in the Ocean Fifty Transat Jacques Vabre!
The duo Seb Rogues and Matthieu Souben on the trimaran Primonial won the Transat Jacques Vabre in Ocean Fifty after 15 days 13 hours and 27 minutes of intense racing!
He also took the honors of crossing the finish line in first place in Fort de France!
"It is a huge satisfaction, from a sporting, personal and professional point of view".
Matthieu Souben, designer in the design office and co-manager of All Purpose, who designed and made the sails for the Primonial trimaran, is very pleased: "I think it's the first time that a sailboat has won the Jacques Vabre with the sails it designed. It's a huge satisfaction, because it's the result of a specific work that we were able to complete. Even if at sea, sailing with his sails generates additional stress, it is also an asset because we know them inside out! "
The new mainsail and staysail, made in the All Purpose La Trinité Carnac workshops, were delivered just before the Transat. The two gennakers and the solent date from last year.
The sails have proven their reliability and performance over time.
In this case, there were no problems with the sails, which featured some innovations: "All our gennakers are cable-free, the staysail too. The speed gain was real, first because it saves weight, and second because when you drown the cable structure in the sail, it tends to pull the boat forward more. These developments are the result of a close collaboration with CLM, which produces the Trilam, our membrane, and which is at the forefront of the best in the field," Matthieu continues.
Moreover, since we didn't break anything, we were able to concentrate on the boat's speed," adds Matthieu. The competitors recognized that we were very fast in the same weather systems.
The victory rewarded a successful project, prepared upstream by a whole team and well supported by the routing cell on land: "no weak points, only strong points!"
For his part, Seb Rogues congratulates Matthieu, who over the past few years "has given me incredible experience in multihull sailing."
This victory demonstrates once again that the All Purpose sailmaker's team is able to accompany ambitious projects towards their performance objectives in all classes.
In IMOCA 60 :
Congratulations to Sam Davies and Nicolas Lunven on Initiatives Coeur for their 5th place after a great battle at the front against the latest generation boats. They fulfilled their objectives by shining on both counts, sporting and solidarity with 26 children saved!
In CLASS 40 :
The conditions of this 15th edition of the Transat Jacques Vabre were not favorable to the smallest boats in the fleet, especially at the beginning of the race when the lack of wind put the morale and the physical condition of the sailors to the test. They gave it their all and raced to the end. In Fort de France, the Class 40s arrived one after the other with only 12 hours between the 1st and the 15th.
Congratulations to Amélie Grassi and Marie Riou on La Boulangère Bio for their 9th place, a first successful transatlantic race for the female duo on a boat launched at the last moment!
The mainsails made with 40% flax from La Boulangère Bio and Everial have proven themselves by crossing without showing any weakness!
Congratulations to all of you for making it to the end of this trying Transat! All Purpose is proud to have accompanied its racers in their projects with reliable and performing sails.
Results of the Transat Jacques Vabre
In Ocean Fifty
1. Primonial Seb Rogues and Matthieu Souben
5. Les P'tits Doudous Armel Tripon and Benoit Marie
In IMOCA 60
5. Initiatives Coeur Sam Davies and Nicolas Lunven
7. Fortinet Best Western Romain Attanasio and Sébastien Marsset
11. Groupe Apicil Damien Seguin and Benjamin Dutreux
12. MACSF Isabelle Joschke and Fabien Delahaye
14. Kostum Lantana Paysage Louis Duc and Marie Tabarly
15. Time for oceans Stéphane Le Diraison and Didac Costa
18. Setin Group 4myplanet Manu Cousin and Alexis Barrier
20. EBAC Antoine Cornic and Jean-Charles Luro
5. Lamotte - Module Création Luke Berry and Achille Nebout
9. La Boulangère Bio Amélie Grassi and Marie Riou
12. Project Rescue Ocean Axel Tréhin and Frédéric Denis
13. Émile Henry Happyvore Nico d'Estais and Erwan Le Draoulec
14. Crédit Mutuel Ian Lipinsky and Julien Pulvé
19. Clown-Hop Renaud Courbon and Guillaume Pirouelle
24. Fullsave Jean-Pierre Balmès and Laurent Camprubi
26. Éverial Stan Thuret and Mathieu Crépel
27. Vicitan Didier Le Vourch and Olivier Delrieu
33. Free Dom Thibaut Lefevre and Thomas Bulcke
34. G2C Group - Martinique Jean-Edouard Criquioche and Éric Baray
36. Sec Hahai Frans Budel and Ysbrand Endt